Saturday 11 September 2010

Post #0118 999, 881 999, 119 725... 3- Job stuff


SO, I have been absent for a number of reasons, the first one being the fact I have TWO jobs now, and I'm working seven days a week.
Since I moved to bath in July I have been working for a temping agency called RANDSTAD. It's most certainly been... Interesting. So I thought I'd make a routine of showing you (through drawings) the trials and tribulations of being a temp.

Photobucket

My fist job with the agency was with an online website called "Love Honey", which is an Adult Toy website. I was in the warehouse with all the stock on display... Now, fist of all this seemed rather funny and looked like it could have been a lot of fun. It wasn't. It was essentially supermarket sweep stamina training, but perhaps what I didn't like was the company, and how they got points across. Anyway, the point is it was exciting for the first hour, but the novelty got dull, quick.



How I got through the day:
- First real job, and I knew it wouldn't be for long
- The stock did keep me amused
- The radio was okay about 20% of the time

My Major Problems:
- All day on my feet
- Negative feelings from colleagues
- repetitive and endless supply of orders

Duration: About a week

So, that's it for the first installment, more to come next week.
(Also to come: September musings, perhaps some blog game things, etc.)

2 comments:

  1. I just realised.. your shoes and shirt are pixelated out too. Did love honey give you your own explicit clothes?!
    Super illustrations mr b :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, wouldn't that be perfect? Naw, I just ended up pixelating all the layers exept the lineart. And thank you Ms.C Buttons.

    ReplyDelete